#CyberFest is back, not that it ever went away. The North East’s biggest cyber security festival is shaping up nicely for another fantastic demonstration of the region’s dynamic and exciting cyber security sector. So far we have ten events lined up with another three in the early planning stage.
Last year’s programme was heavily affected by the arrival of COVID. Overnight we had to rethink our plans, going from a series of wholly physical events, through the desire to hold some hybrid events, to having everything online. One advantage of this approach was that we were able to record everything which added to our ever growing library of material on the Dynamo YouTube channel.
Though the picture is a bit clearer this year, there is still some question over whether any of the events can be physical and so we are going with a mixture of some online only and the rest hybrid, a mix of people on site and casting online. By September I’m sure we will have sorted the technology out.
What then, can you expect this year? Over the next weeks I will be blogging about each event in moe detail but so far we have:
- Cyber security in a rapidly changing world, looking back at some high profile cyber attacks, what really happened and how the human element can be the biggest issue
- The new National Cyber Strategy and what’s happening across the North East
- The ever popular BSides for another two day event
- Cyber security and fraud, what is happening, what you can do about it and the ethics of your action or inaction
- A workshop for those thinking about building a cyber security business
- A region of growing cyber security innovation. The North East is home to innovative cyber security companies. In this event, hear from three of the newest companies around
- Cyber security skills and employment opportunities, what is happening in the North East and nationally to help people choose cyber as a career.
- Cyber security – It’s a rural issue as well, one that doesn’t respect borders
- Cyber security for children and young people. Cyber hygiene for children and young people has never been a more important issue.
- The season finale, to celebrate all that is great about the cyber security sector in the region.
You can find out more about #CyberFest 21 and book tickets here.