The A-Z blogging challenge is quite straightforward, blog everyday in April, except Sundays, with subjects that follow the alphabet. It’s all a bit of fun. My subject is ‘A month in lock down’.
Y is for yearning, for all those things I miss from before we were in lockdown. Here are twenty of them in no particular order:
- Family, being able to spend time with them and giving them a hug
- In fact human contact of any kind other than within my household
- Wearing a tie, it might seem odd but there’s nothing to get dressed for
- Cheeses scones and going to a cafe
- Having a sense of purpose, it all seems meaningless
- Meeting new people, and finding out new things
- Going to the library, to borrow some poetry books
- Going to the theatre, especially to see some ballet or opera
- Doing things on a whim rather then having to plan everything
- Getting away from the house and looking forward to coming back
- Having something else to talk about other then the virus
- Seeing new things in the shops
- Being able to apply my DIY skills to fix things
- The separation of work and home life
- Special days where we go places and spend time together
- News that has nothing to do with COVID-19
- Casual conversations with neighbours, acquaintances or people I just meet
- Having an excuse to put things off because I am too busy doing other things
- Feeling tired from having done something real
- Being fulfilled and having that sense of achievement.
Hopefully it’s not long now but what are yours?