At the start of last year I decided to publish a list of resolutions. This is something that I don’t normally do but I felt it would be good to keep them fresh in my sights. So how did I do?
Here is my 2018 list:
- Publish my second book ‘Paradigms Lost’. It’s out there and I have even sold some.
- Study behavioural economics. I may even take a qualification. I bought a few books and read them but other than that I would put this down as a partial success.
- Try and create a Dutch speaking club in Morpeth. Despite my efforts nothing has come of this.
- Eat less meat, not stop just less. I am eating less meat.
- Learn to kayak on the Wansbeck as an aide to another book idea I have. Nothing at all.
Two and a half out of five then but does this matter? No, of course not. I’ve achieved other things and they were more guidelines than rules anyway.
What of this year then? Here is my 2019 list:
- After its first successful year I want to establish CyberFest on the North East’s tech calendar.
- If I can’t get a club going, find someone I can converse with in Dutch who lives locally.
- Revist my first book, Guerrilla Working, correct the spelling mistakes and syntax errors, while bringing it up to date.
- Become a little more politically active, how I am not yet sure.
- Get out there on a kayak.
To be reviewed on 31 December 2019.
Have a happy new year.